Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do with that extra axle.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/v/VR_m9Jnm_vY&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version[/video]
That's simply nuts, but I can't imagine what it would do with some 5.38 gears in there.
This is what ole has planned for his d70 ......
Or he could sell it to me Big Grin
Beer brings out the most interesting inventions.
Kids? :p
Funny you post this. Chris and I seen this a while back and already have started making one. Key is to get one with an extremely high gear ratio.
If I ever get my 85 chevy back I have 4.56 gears in the rear.
If I swap axles this would be first on my list Big Grin
I was thinking more along the lines of pointing the pinion down and installing a big +++ blade to make a redneck brushhog.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:03 pm ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 pm ----------

[/COLOR]Ooh. I'm getting more ideas
nice one!
Especially for pig iron!
just watching this video makes me wanna puke...
4.56 would be insanely low. You need like 3.05 or higher. Probably way higher.
Yeah like a 2.70 for the spinning chair.

For the mower you'd want the opposite. They make a 7.17 for the Ford 9". I'm thinking mower deck with multiple blades and a chain drive off the pinion. It would be a nice pull behind for the 1.5 acres of yard I'm going to have to keep mowed.
2.7 for the spinning chair? no fun. I want the 7.17 and have a blast!
You'd puke in the first 3 feet. LOL
I don't think your body could handle three feet. All the force applied and such. That just wouldn't be fun. I'm not big on spinning around anyways. I wouldn't want to do it with super high gears really. I like the brush hog idea though.
78calico Wrote:Yeah like a 2.70 for the spinning chair.

For the mower you'd want the opposite. They make a 7.17 for the Ford 9". I'm thinking mower deck with multiple blades and a chain drive off the pinion. It would be a nice pull behind for the 1.5 acres of yard I'm going to have to keep mowed.

If you need a mower I have a craftsman 18hp tractor with a 38" deck and a 40" snow blower I need to get rid of. Give me a call if you are interested.
i would name it the Puke "O" mattic!
I might be interested in that after I've been back to work a few months and catch up on bills.
cool