Poll: Which shock do you prefer and why?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hydro Shocks
20.00%
1 20.00%
Nitro Shocks
80.00%
4 80.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Type of Shocks
No its not which brand either. What do you guys think between the two types of shocks?
From the research i've done nitro shocks don't fair too well in the extreme cold we have. Plus for some reason I've always liked hydro ones better anyways
I thought Nitrogen shocks would do better in the cold, since it's a compressed air, so it doesn't have anything to ffreeze up and restrict movement.

I also figured that they would have better/quicker response compared to hydro's due to pressure and less restriction.

Where did you find your research at? I would like to read more on this.
Nitro's here, went to the OME nitrogen shock and it road much nicer and after a day of wheeling the shocks didn't seem to lose function as much as my hydro's did.
OK I wan't thinking exactly righ I believe. All shocks now a days have hydraulic fluid and some sort of gas pressurized in them, which is usually nitro. Pure hydraulic shocks are pretty much a thing of the past. It's actually hard to find them now. So with that said you can break it down to twin tube and mono tube. Twin tube has the gas and oil mixed which can cause serious foaming if they are over used alot, they are also usally low pressure. Monotube has the gas and oil separate so no foaming, they are usually high pressure. Twin tube=cheaper, Mono tuber=more expensive.

So basically some are charged with nitrogen and some are charged with air or whatever.
Btt