Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out what I got today!!
Well, a guy that is a friend of my dad called Stacey and I today and told us if we came and got this, we could have it. I know it's an 80s something CJ-7, but that's about all I know.

What do you all think??

[Image: P4290188.jpg]

[Image: P4290185.jpg]
Sweet deal dude. Gald to hear from ya. What all you think you going to do with it? Go all out, or something mild?
Knowing you? 2 1/2ton rockwells, 49s, v-8 ah hell v-10, atlasII, etc, etc, etc. Good to here from you. Just wait til Mousee gets there, the possibilities are endless.
I know that isnt a CJ front clip. It might be the start of the Hummer look alike body kit that I saw advertised a few years ago. I think it was called a Land Runner conversion. Looks like a good project. Is this gonna be something for the rock range?
Well, it does have the complete Humm-vee body conversion. The frame and drivetrain is still all CJ-7. Right now it's sitting on 33s with a D44 front and AMC 20 rear, inline 6-cyl, manual tranny and t-case.

Right now, since the bodys aren't being produced anymore, is to fix the running gear, maybe a small block chevy swap, rhino-line the inside and outside of the body and use it as a moscot type rig. I wouldn't want to bash the fiberglass offroad. The rocker panels flare out really really far and they would be really easy to get bashed.

Not totally sure yet, but for free, it's worth putting some time, effort and money into.
Quote:Not totally sure yet, but for free, it's worth putting some time, effort and money into

my sentiments exactly.
fiberglass is actually alot easier to repair than steel BTW... but it sure does look coolbeans!!! oh and an exo would solve the fiberglass worries... some parts anyways...
4x4_MMMH_4x4 Wrote:fiberglass is actually alot easier to repair than steel BTW... but it sure does look coolbeans!!! oh and an exo would solve the fiberglass worries... some parts anyways...

Very true Brandon, but with that bosy not being made any more, I'm kinda leary about possibly bashing the crap out of it.
That's the ugliest CJ7 I've ever seen. I'm glad you didn't pay money for it. I can't believe folks would destroy a beautiful Jeep like that.

Thanks for letting us know what you're up to.
Yeha, I kinda agree it's ugly right now, but I see all kinds of potential for it at my new shop. Like I said, it could be a great gimick Jeep to drive through town and get people's attention.

At least the interior still looks Jeep:
[Image: P4290186.jpg]
looks good man. oh yeah i should catch some attention once your done with it.