Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
headbolt issues
not so much a wheeling, or offroading question,

but what is a common fuse amperage most headbolt plug ins are set at?
I think that my 03 dodge drawing too much and blowing the headbolt fuse at my apartment consequently. my roomate's car doesnt blow fuses.

looking for amperage suggestions to pass on to the landlord. My pads and block heater look like they are in good condition.
You may have to unplug something, as a Diesel pulls more amps than a gasser. I usually unplug the oil pan pad or a battery pad.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 11:47 pm ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 pm ----------

[/COLOR]The 99 6.5L TD suburban blows the one at work when I first plug it in. If I reset it, it works fine.

I unplugged the trans pad or one of the battery pads and it worked fine. The block heater in the Diesel is a higher amperage than a gasser, plus two battery pads = a lot more draw than a gasser.
Check the battery pad first, they seem to wear out faster than the block heaters. Head bolts are 15 or 20 amp rated.
Agree with shane. Check the battery pads. And I don't recommend unplugging the battery pads. The cold will destroy them quick if you don't watch. Trace the wiring doe all the plugs. If it's blowing a 20 amp breaker there is something wrong.
I got a good look at it with the help of daylight. Found some ice buildup on the 3 way. I broke off the ice and didn't blow a fuse at work all day. Just plugged in at my apt. And ill be periodically checking it tonight.
I would remove the battery pad and install a trickel charger. Draws less amps and keeps the battery warm
I solved it! Ice build up was the gremlin!