Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just had to try out the 4x4 on the beater Suburban I picked up a couple weeks ago..
I went on some of the mild trails on post (FTWW) last night, out beyond the Birch Hill access. Found some neat stuff and had a slight moment of "uh-oh" shortly after seeing a cow moose just a few yards from me and then having the truck stall and refuse to start while I was trying to turn around on what turned out to be dead-end plateau. Overall, I was pretty impressed with the capability of the old gal with just some 31" Nankang (?!) all terrains.

I'm still not sure what was up with the stall... It was backfiring out the exhaust and through the intake, but would not run. I pulled a few connectors to check for water as I had driven through several deep puddles and mud holes Smile I found nothing. After less than 5 minutes I hit the starter again and she fired right up. I'm sure something important got wet, but I don't know what it was.

Just thought I'd share Smile

[Image: 100_1216.JPG]

[Image: 100_1217.JPG]

[Image: 100_1218.JPG][COLOR="Silver"]

Clip of the shenanigans pt 1

Clip of the shenanigans pt 2

Clip of the shenanigans pt 3
I really like that playhill area, thanks for posting pictures. I really need to get the transmission fixed in my truck so that I can go out wheeling with you.