Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help solving death wobble issue on robin's f250
took her truck on a test run tonight all i can say wow that hurt ! hit 35 and she dang near kicked me out of the window !!

bushings are in good shape , everything tight no play in tie rods or king pins .. only thing i didnt add after the swap was the track bar is this where i messed up ! is there an adjustable link made to be able to adjust to your vehicle lift ?

thanks
Dunno on the link. I do know you can shim the springs on the King Pins and that will sometimes make it go away...
You are going to want that track bar. I ran without one on BIGBOY for a bit and it sucked. Play in the front shackles will let the axle walk side to side just enough to start the death wobble even if everything else is good.
I have a track bar that came off my dodge. I think it is in decent shape. some take a look see. might have to fab up some mount brackets.
im not running a lift at all just the f350 7.3 springs wich helped level the truck and trimmed to fit the 37's . ill try the shimmimg the king pins first see if it helps .. but seeing i didnt lift the truck it looks real short on clearence for a center bracket mount off crossmember like stock f350 have .. Could i make the mount off the frame to axle if i kept it paralell to drag link ? what would be a good size end to use for the pan hard ?
What tire and rim width? I completely cured a SEVERE case of death wobble on my old YJ running Dana 44's by swapping from a 38x16 wide swampers on 12 inch rims over to 38x11 boggers on 8 inch rims. Wide tires and rims severly amplify even the tiniest amount of wobble.
Could be those worthless hummer tires......(Kicking myself as I'm running those as well.)
Pitman ARM tight?
BIGBOY isn't lifted.(Well,maybe an inch and a half) The stock F350 trackbar mount will work. We did the same D60 swap with his black and grey F250.
So how does leaf sprung chevy axles not need a track bar?
Fords are inferior.......:whistle::troutslap:Confusedlap::poke::thewhack:

Or maybe just this :magic:
it must have been a rhetorical question Wink
ill need to build one i guess its horrible wow .. it wont go over 30 mph ! ouch should have saved the brackets and pan hard bar now i have to buy one lol
buiild a bracket and use the one off my dodge Big Grin