Poll: body lift or no???
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
none
36.36%
4 36.36%
2"
54.55%
6 54.55%
3"
9.09%
1 9.09%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
body lifts
well i have been deciding if i want to toss a body lift on the brown truck... right now it would seem to be feasable as i have lost most of my bolts... but i could always go to sentry and buy some... whats everyones thoughts???
You mean right now it wouldn't be feasable since you lost your bolts?... Big Grin

I wanna body lift the Dak.. since it's the only lift they make for my truck... Sad
Couple questions before I vote....

1. How much suspension lift do you have, 8?
2. Is the truck going to be used offroad?
3. What tires are you looking to clear?
4. Are you willing to hack?
going to go 38.5's, used offroad of course, not wanting to hack it, and have 8 inch suspension... im thinking 2" but im still not sure... ill have to rework my manual tranny conversion a little more... but since im already doing a conversion ill be doing some work anyways
I say none, but if your hell-bent on doing it don't go over 2" IMO
im not really hell bent on it... its just another way on netting 2 inchesof lift for cheap... if i roll i can always take it off hee hee
Don't like to mix the two style lifts. Body lifts also allow the frame to flex (not good).
you can buy carraige bolts at sentry right??? might have to go that route... god only knows how much LMC truck will want for some of their bed bolts...
You can also get carriage bolts at Lowes too.
bolts and nuts from LMC... had a little chat with them... they never sent me one of my trim peices a coupel years ago... just had to pay the shipping... 17.50$ for the whole bed mounting kit...
Alot of the time a small body lift will cure alot of clearanc issues! I'm goin with a 2":allrighty:
with 8" lift you would still need to cut to clear 38's on a turn. So adding a 2" body lift would take care of that without hacking/trimming.

As for frame flex -
The way GM trucks are set up, they already have a small spacer between the frame and body - like an addition to the bushing. So adding 2 more inches of spacing wouldn't really change the way the frame flexes over stock. As long as the bolts are as tight as they were, frame flex won't increase enough to notice.
well i already ordered the bed mounting kit with bolts and what not... so ill wait a bit for the 2 inch body lift and just squeeze the 38s... if i have to ill run addaleaf up front and 2"blocks in the rear... who knows maybe i wont like 8"s of lift and run 10 or 12
Try denali fastener They have all kinds of hardware.