Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
axle shaft boots
Anyone here know if you can pull a 93 toyota front axle shaft without removing the hub?
thats pretty hard to do.. I would just bite the bullet and pull the hub.
if you want to see if you can do it, I would try to take it out by drooping the one side of the suspension by jacking it up on the frame, and then unbolting the flange by the differential. isnt there an axle stub nut out by the wheel? that would have to come off of course as well.

The problem I would see in doing this is that the outter stub may be very hard to pull out of the unit bearing (if there is one in there) because of the friction caused by the weight of that side of the suspension.
On a 93 toy the are regular bearings no unit hub crap.
I think this will depend on how much room you have in the inside, by the diff. it sounds like if you unbolt it from the diff, it should slide right out, pending how tight it is in there.
I would definitely try to do it just to say it can be done.
oh.. and do a write up. Big Grin
What exactly do you mean by not removing the hub? You mean take it apart and remove it? I know some you can pull the hub and all as one piece without taking it apart but don't know about the toyota.
If i unbolt the the top ball joint i can get it.
disconnect the bottom ball joint bolts , and c clip on shaft and pull out dont forget the cv on your truck also bolts to inner shaft on diff . these tend to rust on so u will need a pry bar .