Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4x4 parts swap meet
This has been talked about for too long. I'm having one this fall. At my house, if need be. :wife:

If anyone else is interested, we need to work out details such as:
  • date (Sep is no good for me)
  • location (like I said, if it comes down to it, I'll have it at my house!)
  • should we charge a "table fee" for the public to sell thier stuff

Gimme some ideas!
We can do it in the church parking lot - that way I don't have to haul my junk!

Moose Creek has that community area by the fire station, transfer station, and Moose Lodge.

What about the farmers market area / Fireworks stand area off the hwy in NP?

why not a table fee - and advertise it places such as paper / radio if possible?

I like the idea, but not of having to haul most of my junk - though if instead of a table I could just haul in my trailer....
you haul in your trailer and I'll bring something to barter for it...

If we can get Holeski to stop taking good stuff to the junk yard, we'd be able to swap stuff with him too...
naturalbornmudder Wrote:you haul in your trailer and I'll bring something to barter for it...

:crazybat: :hammer: :guns: :crazybat: Back away from the trailer!
Absolutely. I'd like to see this at a more public location than my yard. And I don't care if we charge a table fee or not, but I DO think it should be open to the public, I wanna see more than Chevy junk parts.
Darn it, I just chucked most of my 'not gonna use' stuff. Though it was mostly not worth saving anyway.

I'll be back by the beginning of September. I'd really like to be there for a swap meet. I've got a pretty decent sized shopping list going in my head!
Okay, I realized exactly when Kyle is asking for, and it's no good for me.
How bouts if we hold one the second weekend in Aug, and if it works out well, we'll have another in September?
August is very very bad for me. Family will be in town most of the month and I will be playing tour guide. But if we're having 2...
Grrr.
I saw that there's a huge yard sale/flea market happening this weekend at the NP Grange parking lot. Maybe I'll stop in and see what it takes to have ours over there.
The grange is actually very hard to find if you don't know exactly where it is, and it is out of the public's eye. What about the Gorilla Fireworks stand parking lot right off the highway? I could see about the possibility of getting that. And what date? There is a trail ride and the mud boggs on the 19th of August (plus I may be out of town.)
What about advertising?
is this still going to happen?
I haven't done anything else on the issue. If anyone has ideas, post up!
Ah, I might have something witch has been in the works for about a year now. We are close to knowing the outcome. I will be sure to post up as soon as Heather and I know.
PM me.
bumping this on up...
It's too late to do it now. TOO COLD. I just spent the last month packing stuff away for winter there is no way I'm going to dig it out now.
No better time to do a swap meet than Spring Cleaning time...everyone's cleaning out their accumulated junk and looking to get rid of it, this is a great opportunity to spread the word around the towns about it to get more participants, keep it in their minds so that when they DO get around to taking out the trash, they remember "hey, there's a swap meet coming up, I should hold onto this." Besides, everyone's in a better mood when Spring comes around, no more cold...they're more likely to buy/trade.

I should have some stuff to contribute when the time comes...maybe then someone will be willing to buy my axles.
I had contacted American Tire. They said that they were interested in letting us use their lot to house this event. Heck, I even printed up a flyer!

Like Eric said, it's too cold now. Next spring....