Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for a motor for Amanda
Currently looking for a motor for Amanda's pink turtle yota.
I am looking at chevy motors and was considering a 4.3 tbi motor, an ls v6 motor .. maybe a 4.8 ls or 5.3 ls v8 if the price is right.

As I was looking I found this:http://fairbanks.craigslist.org/pts/3888080249.html
a four cylinder out of an s10. anyone know much about these little motors? I am planning on running 1 tons with 4.56 gears, th350 and a 208 t case with 42" tires.

2.2:
from what I read, the 2.2 ls motor is a little underpowered
SAE and 89 kW , 120 HP @ 5,000 rpm; 140 ft lb , 190 Nm @ 3,600 rpm

4.3 ls:
from what I read on teh 4.3 ls motor is it is pretty peppy
142 kW , 190 HP SAE @ 4,400 rpm; 250 ft lb , 339 Nm @ 2,800 rpm

4.8?
5.3?
I have 2.2's and 4.3's No 5.3's right now
i have heard great things about "the iron duke" (2.2) but being underpowered is a concern since I am basically running a 1 ton setup and large tires. however, gear reduction boxes may help. from what I read last night the 2.2 gets about the same fuel economy as the 4.3, but the power is much more in the 4.3. .. so far the 4.3 wins. but a 5.3 would be awesome. might get Amanda in trouble too Tongue
Also have a buick with a supercharged 3.8l. $750 takes the whole car or will be stripped out in the next couple days and the motor put in the back of one of the trucks we are shipping south.
what year was that buick?
Dont remember maybe an 02 park ave ultra
rear wheel drive?
no, front wheel drive, would have to find and adapter plate if they make one or build a mid engine truck like Don and Shane are cooking up. Need to know asap on this one. We willl be stripping it out tonight and then the price goes up to $1000 for the motor/trans and the scrap won't go with it.
i will pass. looking for a motor set up for rear wheel drive. nothing fancy with mid engine stuff for me. thanks though!
Let me know if you are after a 4.3, I have a running blazer I'll sell for $650
I am interested if it is an EFI 4.3..but I am low on money at the moment, I just bought a washer and dryer and the yota body for amanda... All after coming back from meet n greet.
Are you willing to take payments and hold it for me?
If you want we could stash the blazer at my parents property if it is in your way.
It is well stashed and no hurry on it. bought to fix and never did. I would keep the good body parts and want the tires/wheels back. I think it's a 2000. Will need a week notice or so to dig it out when you are ready for it.
sounds perfect. I will start putting money away. thanks!