Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guess that jeep
This jeep sits in my papa's back yard waiting on my 15 y/o brother to do something with it. It used to serve as our "get around the farm" vehicle.

[Image: cj5.JPG]

[Image: cj5%202.JPG]

[Image: cj5%20rear.JPG]
[Image: cj5%20int2.JPG]

[Image: cj5%20int.JPG]

[Image: cj5%20front.JPG]
Here's a hint. All the lug nuts turn towards the front of the jeep. Notice the twin stick t-case and the rounded fenders.
no idea....
Early CJ-5. I had a 73, and I recall a lot of similarities. The tail lights, front turn signals, and that heavy, ugly steel top. I swear it weighed over 1000 lbs. alone.
I had the same turn signal lever on the steering column. I didn't have a twin-stick, though. Mine didn't have the battery door in the cowl, either. I'm pretty sure the wiper motor was at the bottom of the windshield, but those fold-down handles are the same, too.
I agree CJ-5.
Corect CJ-5. The wiper motor on this one is at the top of the windshield. It is a 1964. It is heavy, very heavy. The twin stick t-case is a dana 18. It has D44 rear and D25 front. It's little 4 banger probably puts out a wopping 50hp. 3spd tranny. My dad is planning on helping my little brother restore it. It's going to be alot of work with all the rust on it.
How do you repair the tub on that? The metal is completely disintegrated on the passenger side.
Actually, it's a spicer 18.
Dana and Spicer weren't "married" yet.
Dana 18's were in GMs at that time and there was a difference.

Nice ride, though!!!!!
akjeep Wrote:Actually, it's a spicer 18.
Dana and Spicer weren't "married" yet.
Dana 18's were in GMs at that time and there was a difference.

Nice ride, though!!!!!

I didn't know that. Just goes to show that you learn something knew everyday.

michaeljr5 Wrote:How do you repair the tub on that? The metal is completely disintegrated on the passenger side.

Lots of metal work or a whole knew tub. He has knew fenders for it already and a used tail gate. And has alot of metal pieces made waiting to cut the old crap out and put them in. My dad is good and that sort of thing. The rust is really bad along the bottom all the way around. The floor boards are still good though for some reason. And the interior, except for the seats, is in good dcondition. He is also going this weekend to pick up another that is in decent shape and the motor is still good for $150. My little brother wants to put it like original.