Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheelin' in Alaska's State Parks - LEGALLY!
If you want to make this a reality, open your mouth if you haven't already. :yawn:
The deadline for public input is rolling around, and if the bulk of their feedback is bunny-huggers, you can bet your handy-man that there will never be designated off-road trails in the parks for our rigs.
We've made progress with the state and at this point they are opening up a lot more area for ATVs to "feel out" the impacts of light motorized use. They are still pretty gun-shy when you start asking about trails for full sized vehicles, but they want to know what kinds of uses the public wants to see in the parks.
I've talked with DNR (mostly regarding the Chena Rec area) and they want INPUT! Alaska is on virgin ground as state parks go - nobody else has the kind of ATV traffic we do - but other states do have off-road trails. It is possible, but they hae to know there is an interest.

Here is a link to their website:
http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/plans/s...icplan.htm

I was told to let people know to get your feedback in by the end of the month so they can move to the next phase.

So, Sick 'em!!!!!!!!
Oh, and I should put in a plug here for Mike Kelly, who has been a big help in opening up land for motorized use that was previously off limits!
So are you drafting something up and you need our input or a sinature?
So should we just send an e-mail to the contact listed? (Monica Alvarez)
Just an Eail to them should suffice.
I'm just passing the word.
But if enough people voice interest in wheeling on this public land, they can begin to make provisions for us.