Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: soft top + hard doors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TJVigilante

So I found a possible deal down in A-town for a complete TJ soft top. Still have a few questions for him but i might get it.

Now, I'm wondering what I'd need to make hard doors work with a factory soft top, in regards to gap filling...are there door surrounds to get or do the surrounds only go for the soft doors/uppers?

naturalbornmudder

Joe, I ran soft top with full upper doors. I used the door surrounds and they worked great. They are a little expensive if you buy them new but you can often find a good deal on them on EBAY.
If its a complete soft top it should have the door surrounds with it.

naturalbornmudder

really?
I mean, I guess you would need them. However when I was shopping for soft tops, the price did not include the door surrounds. Back when I was buying, the surrounds were runnign about 150 for the set.

99TJ

you can find surrounds for 50 a set on various jeep forums
Where, because I need some for my jeep also.

99TJ

I see them all over differant jeep forums, 50-75 a set

TJVigilante

Well I've decided not to get this particular top, as the seller seems reluctant to give me any specifics regarding its condition, and it's tan. :p

I'm still looking around though...there's a black one in anch that's going for a little more, and there are a few in fairbanks from the same seller I'm trying to justify the price for.

TJVigilante

thats the one I was talking about trying to justify the price. :p

99TJ

someone told me they know the guy selling those tops, can't remember who, think they might be on here occasinally
If anyone wants to sell their soul for Jeep parts :twisted: (or has to if out of options and in dire need of a dealer partRolleyes) I can always get you the preferred customer discount from the Gene's parts counter.:oops: