Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soft top + hard doors
So I found a possible deal down in A-town for a complete TJ soft top. Still have a few questions for him but i might get it.

Now, I'm wondering what I'd need to make hard doors work with a factory soft top, in regards to gap filling...are there door surrounds to get or do the surrounds only go for the soft doors/uppers?
Joe, I ran soft top with full upper doors. I used the door surrounds and they worked great. They are a little expensive if you buy them new but you can often find a good deal on them on EBAY.
If its a complete soft top it should have the door surrounds with it.
really?
I mean, I guess you would need them. However when I was shopping for soft tops, the price did not include the door surrounds. Back when I was buying, the surrounds were runnign about 150 for the set.
you can find surrounds for 50 a set on various jeep forums
Where, because I need some for my jeep also.
I see them all over differant jeep forums, 50-75 a set
Well I've decided not to get this particular top, as the seller seems reluctant to give me any specifics regarding its condition, and it's tan. :p

I'm still looking around though...there's a black one in anch that's going for a little more, and there are a few in fairbanks from the same seller I'm trying to justify the price for.
http://eielson.baseforsale.com/index.php...in=eielson
thats the one I was talking about trying to justify the price. :p
someone told me they know the guy selling those tops, can't remember who, think they might be on here occasinally
If anyone wants to sell their soul for Jeep parts :twisted: (or has to if out of options and in dire need of a dealer partRolleyes) I can always get you the preferred customer discount from the Gene's parts counter.:oops: