Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jeep bobtail
Does anybody know the real name of the Jeep made bobtail that AGE drivers and Ammo guys would use? A guy I work with picked up a deuce 1/2 for 500 bucks and it caught my attention of possible future build up. I know 500 sounds good but it has engine issues, don't worry if he scraps it I'll be hiding in the bushes, salvage commando style.
you're not talking about the cj10 are ya'?
I have the answer at home its in a JP magazine of mine. Give me an hour and I"ll have your answer!!!! ;D
Here ya go Jon...

[Image: 1778547.jpg]

Go to www.govliquidation.com and search for Jeep Bobtail

This one is at Minot...

1985 AMC JEEP MDL CJ10A, WHEELED AIRCRAFT TRACTOR, FLIGHTLINE TOW TRACTOR 4 X 2, 3 SPEED, AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, 6 CYL, DIESEL, MILEAGE: 70147, VIN: 3V0TA24XXEM000113, NO SF 97 WILL BE ISSUED, BUYER MUST LOAD, NO ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE.

that's what I'm talking about, square lights, a diesel, and I believe a 60/70 set
Shoulda asked me.  I am Ammo you know.  Smile

The CJ10a has a I6 Nissan engine same as what's in the diesel Scouts. They have a D70 rear and 727 Tranny.  I'm pretty sure they are all 2wd... I've never seen a 4wd one..

They are gutless and slow as $#!+ compared to just about every other Bobtail I've driven.

2.5 ton... like an M35?  Does it run??
They have a xfer case that is locked in low. They were the worst bobtails that we have ever had, even the Ford bobtails were better but thats not saying much. On the plus side, a lot better that driving a Case farm tractor on the flightline, that was my first tow vehicle.
The Fords with the straight 6s? We had those at Kwang Ju. One of them caught fire, fuel line rotted out. haha.