Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tires or Stroker?
I've been doing alot of searching and I've been debating this for some time. I'm in need of new tires soon but I think if I play my cards right I can wait till I get back to the lower 48. At the same time I've started picking up parts to build a Stroker motor out of my 4.0, I'm almost at the point of gaskets and machine shop work I'm just missing 6 key parts.

I'm pretty sure I know the direction I'm going to go but I wanted to see what others had to say.
I say, if you can wait for tires, and you have most of the parts for the stroker, go that way. I always thought it would be cool to have a stroker under the hood :yes:

It sounds like you have already made up your mind to me Big Grin
If you are already working on building a stroker then go that route. Hold ff on tires till you can actully get them at a decent price.
I also have a line on a set of tires close to the size and style I'm looking for. From what I can figure it is going to cost about the same maybe a little more for the stroker build.
If you can hold out on the tires - build the stroker. Then when youcan afford the tires, you'll have more grunt to push them with.
Aren't you running MTRs right now? :puke:

Awwww yeah. There's my answer. :yes:
Definitely build the stroker and get the tires when the ones you have wear out.