Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nenana ORV Commitment Thread
Count me solidly in Kev, only 9 other's left.
I'm in as well, I have various hand tools that could be used...along with a heavy @ssed truck to yank stuff around! I'm also a Journeyman Level(civilian)Heavy Equipment Operator with 1000's of hours in construction equipment. Licensed to run graders, loader, dumps, tractor trailer, scrapers, back hoes, cranes, dozers, blah, blah, blah...Also took courses in Arctic Constrution, built miles and miles of road in the middle of no where Alaska, and have done trail maintence in the past around Eielson.
wow that sounds pretty awesome why couldn't that have happened when i was up there...
It just meens you need to come back bro! ;D
I was just looking at the poll results -

Anyone have a lot of experience paving parking lots? Looks like we need ya!
John didn't mention this, but he's a vehicle operator, and he's liscensed to drive all sorts of big stuff. We both have big 4wheelers and lots of timeSmile This project is a great idea, I think it will help build Fairbanks up as well. Maybe if we work fast enough, John and I will get to see some of the final results!! Smile
You can count on me. I don't have alot of extra time, but I'll give what I can.
MrsLownslow Wrote:John didn't mention this, but he's a vehicle operator,

Jon were you a pop tart at Ft. Leonardwood???:p
You mean Ft. Lostinthewoods. lol.
I would love to commit time on this, but with leaving it is tough. once I get to a point that the house is done and I don't have anything else going on to move then I should have a few weeks of nothingness. I have some tools and knowledge, the only thing I lack wil be time. I say hell yeah, just don't mark me down for the definate slot.
It's too bad this didn't happen sooner...
AK20 Wrote:Jon were you a pop tart at Ft. Leonardwood???:p

John*

And yuppers a pop tart at ft lost in the dang woods... mr dirt dawg... hahaha
LowNSlowNeon Wrote:John*

And yuppers a pop tart at ft lost in the dang woods... mr dirt dawg... hahaha

My bad JOHN!!!!Wink
AK20 Wrote:My bad JOHN!!!!Wink

:p
I'll definitely volunteer labor. I don't have much other than hand tools, though. I'm proficient with a chainsaw, used to hard work, but have only ever built hiking / mountain bike trails. Quick study, though.

I'm guessing there will be individual sign-up threads for each outing to know ahead of time who's going and what work will be done.

My work calendar operates on a dartboard principle but any chance I get I'll post up and let you know I'll be there.
I'll give whatever I can to Help.
count me in I can dig holes and cut back nature with any hand clippers you get me other than that I can also be beer (beverage wench) and the sandwich fixer etc. lol but I promise I can work a shovel quite well....... hmmm excuse to tan this summer other than mowing my lawn YEAH......
Don't know how much I could help in the beginning, still trying to find a job up here, but I have a lot of experience in different types of construction and have used backhoe, excavator and front end loader before. Been a little while though. I also have a Class A CDL so I can drive the bigger stuff. Don't have any tools anymore, they were stolen on the way up here.
bump! What is status?
Us common folk thought you club officers had the info on this!
Its a cool think called a committee. You have to ask them. :O).
Who is on the Committee?
Count me in. I got my 4wheeler, and I can dig and cut branches/bushes. Whatever is needed. I'm not a girly girl so count me in with the trail making stuff!!!!
Kevin is the head, and I believe its AKCJ8
XFactor Wrote:Kevin is the head, and I believe its AKCJ8

Dont know about Kevin, but Craig (AKCJ8) started the thread for the Nenana ORV thread in the club meeting/news forum. I thought he was head.
Just let me know when the next time y'all are going down there. I'll bring my shovel and stuff and ride down.
What's the word on this? Anyone keeping negotiations up with these guys? Kevin?