Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRAWL Magazine - Submit Your Rig
I knew about that pic thats why I said what I said lol.
XFactor Wrote:I knew about that pic thats why I said what I said lol.

Mean..
Hey guys, it's all good. Remember, I'm stuck in an office all day, magazine guys don't get to wheel all the time like ya think, most of my friends wheel more than me. I am going to Georgia next weekend though for a trip.

I didn't realize that most of the rigs up there are not like what we cover. Our audience, like 65% of our subscribers have 31-33" tires and stock to dana 44 level axles, or toyota axles. So nothing against it at all, I just sold my YJ on 33's today. We're looking for two things: for feature rigs, yeah it has to be badass, larger than 35" tires, built axles and motor, etc. That is what sells maagzine. But for readers rides, just anything cool, well built, 33's could be cool, if it is the right rig. It's more about letting readers see what other people are doing with similair rigs, give them ideas and different than the spendy rigs in the features... kina like an average joe section.

Are you guys a club with regular meetings? If you all get together at once, i would be happy to send 4-5 mags up there for ya to check out, if I can ship to one location, maybe two. Just have the admin PM me an address and I will kick them out monday. I want to spread the word, we're a small company so we need every eyeball on the magazine we can get! Thx! -tim
naturalbornmudder Wrote:Mr Secretary, we voted for action shots for this coming years calander.

Dude Burn! Confusedheep:
PM Sent Tim. Mike what is up with you and that sheep. I thought your wife was beside you. YOu shouldnt be lonely lol.
We have some very unique rigs in our club, that is for sure. Contrary to popular belief our Gallery is fairly accurate. I've been trying to keep it updated with the pictures I can find.

If some of our members would take some new updated pictures it would be great! Wink
crawlmag Wrote:Hey guys, it's all good. Remember, I'm stuck in an office all day, magazine guys don't get to wheel all the time like ya think, most of my friends wheel more than me. I am going to Georgia next weekend though for a trip.

I didn't realize that most of the rigs up there are not like what we cover. Our audience, like 65% of our subscribers have 31-33" tires and stock to dana 44 level axles, or toyota axles. So nothing against it at all, I just sold my YJ on 33's today. We're looking for two things: for feature rigs, yeah it has to be badass, larger than 35" tires, built axles and motor, etc. That is what sells maagzine. But for readers rides, just anything cool, well built, 33's could be cool, if it is the right rig. It's more about letting readers see what other people are doing with similair rigs, give them ideas and different than the spendy rigs in the features... kina like an average joe section.

Are you guys a club with regular meetings? If you all get together at once, i would be happy to send 4-5 mags up there for ya to check out, if I can ship to one location, maybe two. Just have the admin PM me an address and I will kick them out monday. I want to spread the word, we're a small company so we need every eyeball on the magazine we can get! Thx! -tim

I wasnt bashing on ya earlier because my rig isnt feature material.. I was just asking about the readers rides.. Wink

Thanks for the opp.
AK20 Wrote:Wow the guy comes here offering a little publicity and you guys freak out? It's apparent the magazine is based on a certain aspect of 4 wheeling, which is Rock Crawling...hence the name. If your rig doesn't meet his critera, get over it...mine doesn't either but you don't here me complaining about it. At least he is honest enough to tell you what there looking for, no need for him to fluff it up and get your hopes up for nothing. Also regarding the language, well over the last week or so I've seen a trend in people including cuss words in there posts...and this is from people who have been here awhile and know the rules, so if you want to call people out then look in the mirror(for those who are guilty). Point being you guys need to lighten up...

Your still gay:p ..SUP CHARLIEEEEEEEEEBig Grin
I filled out the wholesale section on your web site, minus my Credit card info so not sure you will get it. If you could send a few copies of back issues to my shop I’ll look into ordering wholesale.
Thanks,
Eric Whitebread
Holeproof Industries
3338 Montana Circle
North Pole, Alaska 99705
holeski@holeproofindustries.com
00TJ Wrote:Your still gay:p ..SUP CHARLIEEEEEEEEEBig Grin

Who the heck are you and who the heck is charlie, :notroll:
CHARLIE, IN THE TREES!!! they now have inflatable sheeps now too
Charlie don't surf...
4x4_MMMH_4x4 Wrote:CHARLIE, IN THE TREES!!! they now have inflatable sheeps now too

Yes but they are best with a can of Minudo less Ricky Martin.
Tim, I would like to get you some more info on my TJ, but I am driving cross-country with it right now. I've been told by a few to drop a line in this thread for you. Here are some quick specs, I'll email you more later:

'04 TJ
37" MTRs
flipped and 4:1 low Dana 300
long arms
front 14" coilovers
rear 12" coilovers
10K winch
cage
front and rear anti-rocks

I'll get some pics and my info to you to see what you think

Rob
I wouldn't call my rig a rock crawler because I haven't wheeled on many rocks. I don't really go looking for rocks and when I have wheeled on rocks its usually to get to some other types of terrain. I wheel to go experience different places and go hunting and fishing for the most part. I don't really have a favorite type of terrain. I think the best trails have a mixture of everything. I think it is a better test of how well I have put my rig together.
As far as the mag goes I guess I could have some of the stats that could make it in the mag but I would feel like a sell out claiming to be something that I am not "A Rock Crawler".
'97 Dodge Ram
Cepek Long Arms/ Home Brew Shackle flip
Custom tube bumpers 9K Warn
Custom Dodge "Alaskan Half Doors"
ARB, Detroit 4.56 R&P
Atlas II 3.8:1
39.5" Iroks
Built Trany w/ Low Stall TC
Custom Dents and scratches

Future Mods:
Ford D60/ Dodge D70 5.13 ARB/Spool
Flat bed w/ integrated rollcage
PSC Hydraulic assist steering
41" Irok Radials
Yeah as full size trucks go this is one bad @$$ rig that works well all around. Something I would love to see a wright up on.

oh guys and remember this..............bottem of page
http://www.holeproofindustries.com/holeproofNews.htm

Get a photo of your rig printed in a major publication, with a Holeproof Industries decal visible, and win a $50 gift certificate. Get a photo with decal and a mention of us in print, and win a $150 gift certificate.
I think your Jeep would be more suited for this magazine Eric. I have read about this mag on Pirate. They sound like they cater to the Pirate4x4 crowd. Nothing against Pirate I've gotten some great tech off the site but I can't stand how biased that site is toward Rock Crawling being the only wheeling that counts.
If Kodiak's Dodge isn't beastly enough.. then I really dont think anything we got is.. Sad
LowNSlowNeon Wrote:If Kodiak's Dodge isn't beastly enough.. then I really dont think anything we got is.. Sad

Hey I am working on itBig Grin
Has anyone heard anything about this guy sending stuff out?
I gave him my address for him to mail stuff to. Have not received yet.
Same here. I gave it to them both on there web site and ours.
XFactor Wrote:Hey I am working on itBig Grin

Well, I was gonna say xfactor too.. (for real)

:allrighty:
It's a shame when restrictions are posed for being considered for a mag. When Jp rode along with us down here in CO, they told folks their rigs couldn't be featured if they had open diffs. I think they should be more open-minded. Not everyone can afford to have huge rubber and Currie built axles. Some folks use theirs as daily drivers and not as trailer queens.

Sorry, couldn't resist Tim. If you guys can look past the 35" minimum tire size, I have two Jeeps that I think would look good in a mag. On 33's though.

To clarify, his requirments are for feature article rigs...any rig can be sumitted for readers rigs...
I am working on the lil'T...soon I will qualify. I think between mine and Kevin's, we are in a tie for who has the most homebrew parts on their rigs.