Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gearing?
The only reason it was 160 is because I allready did most of the work. they are telling me its going to take them 6-7 hours to do the rear. So yea some were around 4-500 regardless if I bring in the truck or the Axle.
Ouch, if I knew wtf I was doing.. I'd help.. but uh...:gears: i dont know wtf im doing :<

2T2 Wrote:The only reason it was 160 is because I allready did most of the work. they are telling me its going to take them 6-7 hours to do the rear. So yea some were around 4-500 regardless if I bring in the truck or the Axle.
Have you read up on the many, many how-to articles on the internet? The WW AHS has all the tools you'd need, and using those on-line instructions, I'd bet you could get it done.

In way less than 6 hours.
don't get me wrong 160 I don't mind paying that or even 250 but 400 is just out of my price range. I would love to do it myself and learn something. But I just couldn't seat the bearing carrier EAFB hobbie shop just didn't have the right tools. So now I have to resort to paying someone. this sucks I'm going to Anchorage this weekend to pick up a freind and I really wanted to take him on a ride.
You're going to Anch? Load that 3rd member in your car and take it to Oddballs Inc. see www.alaska4x4network.com for contact info. If he can't do it, start a thread on that site.
There's lots of guys on that site who can do this. And they don't have the monopoly Young's does. I bet you can get it done for under $200.
kodiakoffroad.com can prolly help you out as well. Don't forget to mention ArcticOffroad.com!
Good idea.
Sevenslats,what is WW AHS?
Ft Wainwright Auto Hobby Shop

Much better than Eielson, IMHO.
I'm only going to be in Anch for a day. Maybe I'll do it next week at the Army Hobbie shop (woops I think I just answerd my preveous Qestion).
anyone going to be at the WW AHS I think I'm going to try and do the gears there tonight and over the next few day's after work. From 5:00 to 8:30. If anyone can stop by and give me some help and expertise I would greatly appreciate it. See you there.
Wainwright AHS does not have the tools. Someone who use to work there did and you had to know him to use them.
I just gave them a call and they said they have just about everything I need to do this so I'm going to try. I hope they do because if not the truck is going to be there for awhile. Anyone going to meet me there? if not I understand. its prety sort notice. remember any help would be appreitated if you know what your doing or not its prety easy to turn a wrench. Thanks
They most have gotten them since the last time I did gears there.
I would help but I'm just swamped with work and baby duty.
IF you pull the 3rd member and bring it by my place I could probably do the gear installation for you - and I know it would be cheaper than Young's. I have a press and dial indicator and other needed tools. Problem is my timing. I am super busy. Clal me (I'll PM the umber) and we'll try to figure something out.
Cool thanks
I decided I'm not going to WW something came up. I think I'm just going to pull the gears out and have someone set them for me. Thanks
Thanks Kevin
Kev....

aw hell, you know what I am gonna say....

call me
Kev
I finally got it out. I'll give you a call tomarrow. Thanks
Coolthanks to Chevykev and My friend from FL. I'm finally done with the gears they went in without any problems. Just about ready for the 55 mile run. just need Eric to fab a bumper and winch mount for me. :allrighty:
Yet another We Love Kevin Post.

Glad to hear you're getting that beast trail-worthy. I didn't make it intime for your transmitter recovery last year, but I saw the truck and it looked well-loved. Wink