Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mud Drags
Ok well I should find out about insurance hopefully today as far as whether the Mitchell insurance will cover the mud drags. Last night the board members for the Mitchell raceway called me and said that it would have to be in the middle of the race track. No problem except that now instead of fencing and bleachers I need dirt hauled in. I have thought of a few options like begging a few local companies to haul in free dirt. But if anyone has any ideas let me know. The reason I need dirt is that I heard it was rocky in the middle and/or bottomless. So will have to see when breakup finishes.
What type of earthmoving equipment are you looking for? I've never built a mud drag track before so don't really know what's needed. I have a Bobcat skidsteer loader and may be able to help depending upon the dates. Don't know if it would be big enough for anything. Lets me know.
The whole center of the track is back filled with trash like old concrete and tires,have you tried talking to the Fairgrounds to see what they can do there.
Also depending upon the dates, I may have 100 t-posts (for fencing) that could be used. You'd just need to find the actual fence material. If it is early in the summer (ie. before my wife needs her horse pasture installed) they'll be available.
well I talked to a few people who have raced the center and they said all the trash has been cleared. They said they told the last person to put them on at the mitchell that they had to put more fill in and all they did instead was add water. I have never raced there so I cant say for sure but the people I have talked to are positive the center is clear. The fairground people want a lot of money. Nothing permanent and wont work with you at all.
So reading everything - do you still need dirt to be hauled in? Or can we dig/till and add water? And where you getting the water? Is there a source nearby where you could run a pump and lines, or will it have to be trucked in? If trucked, could you contact the city or construction companies for a possible water truck? Just some thoughts. Keep us updated.
http://www.mitchellraceway.com/wst_page4.html

I saw a flyer at Sentry NP.

Mitchell Raceway is having Mud Drags June 24, July 15, and Aug 19. Where's Tom?
I'm gonna go out to the ones in july and aug hopefully. Just to watch. Don't thinkt he XJ will fair too well. But who knows what'll happen when I see all that mud.
Holy carp. Did you check out the fees to enter? I think I paid $15 at Delta last year.
The only fees I see are for the Delta drags $30. Unless their regular race fees are for the drags also then I agree, Holy crap:eek: